Tornadoes have been in the news lately with up to five twisters being reported across the state of Colorado. According to some reports, three were spotted in Washington County, one in Phillips and one in Weld. Numerous warnings have also been announced throughout the evening; especially in the Denver area as severe thunderstorms are detected in the region with notices for golf ball-sized hails as well as wind gusts up to 70mph.
With this kind of weather, one can’t be too careful when it comes to your family’s comfort and safety. This is the reason why some online news portals like 9news.com lists down some tornado facts that you would be able to prepare in case severe weather conditions come your way:
- In the last 10 years more than 500 tornadoes have been reported in Colorado.
- There are an estimated 60 tornadoes reported in Colorado per season.
- Most tornadoes in Colorado pop up in Weld County.
- A typical tornado only lasts for a few minutes.
- Every tornado has its own color, sound and shape.
- You need to step on the pedal of a car pass 70 miles per hour to outrun the fastest tornadoes.
- The chances that a tornado is a F5, the highest classification for a tornado on the F-scale, is less than 0.1%
- Tornadoes have been reported in every state in the US and also in every season.
- A Tornado can occur at any time, but most often between 3pm and 9pm.
The first line of defense from these weather onslaughts is your roofing. With wind speeds blowing up to 70mph and huge hails crashing down, it should be able to hold up to these attacks from the sky during thunderstorms.
Looking into your gutters is as equally important. It’s for the simple reason that they are the only part of your house that prevents rain water from just dripping down the side of your house. This would then prevent water-related problems such as iced-over walkways, water damage to siding and fascia boards, and basement flooding and foundation cracks. In Denver, seamless gutters are the popular choice for most of the residents as these custom-made gutters are made from one single piece of sheet metal which makes it more durable and more water-tight than other types.
Fortunately, getting a gutter replacement in Colorado Springs, Denver, Peyton, Pueblo, and Castle Rock is as easy as picking up your phone and calling the experts of AquaDuct Roof & Gutters. This contractor has been doing the business of providing top-quality roofs and gutters for over 40 years—gaining more than enough experience to ensure not only the best products but the best services as well. Make sure that your roof and gutter would be able to stand up to whatever the heavens throw at us; call AquaDuct Roof & Gutters today and get a free estimate!
(Article Excerpt from: “Colorado Tornado Facts”, 9News published May 7, 2014)