According to the 2015 Farmers’ Almanac, about 75% of the country will experience below-normal temperatures this winter. The northern plains through the Great Lakes will experience the most frigid temperatures. The southern and central plains will receive above-average rainfall, while the northern plains will have below-normal precipitation. Colorado is also predicted to have above-average snowfall this season.
With these weather predictions for winter, many property owners have started preparing their homes and commercial buildings. As your roof is exposed to the elements all year round, it is the best place to start in reinforcing your home’s defenses for the winter.
When it comes to roofing preparations, we at AquaDuct Roof and Gutters, one of the trusted Denver roofing companies, can help you. We have prepared a list of questions to help you determine if your roof is ready for winter:
- Are there tree branches touching your roof? If there are, would a strong gust of wind cause them to fall on your roof?
- Have you recently experienced any kind of extreme weather that may have damaged your roof, such as hail?
- Is the flashing not installed properly?
- Do you see any missing, cracked, or curled shingles?
- Are there any leaks on your roof?
- Is your gutter not free from debris and rust?
If you answered yes to most of these questions, there’s a good chance that your roof might not be ready for winter. To avoid problems and costly replacements, schedule a roof inspection and repair with a licensed roofing company, such as AquaDuct Roof and Gutters.
We are roofing contractors in Colorado Springs who inspect your roof and provide recommendations. As we have certifications from top manufacturers, such as GAF, CertainTeed, and Owens Corning, you can be confident that we have the necessary knowledge and skills to work on your roof. Contact us for more information about our services.